How much light is too much for my T's?

eL Tre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, so basically im asking for specific T's, and im talking about indirect sunlight not lamps. My room gets quite bright in the afternoons...

Avic avic

Avic versi

G rosea

Would the rosea appreciate more light than the avics? Does it even matter :? ? I just dont want to put the somewhere in my room that is going to cause unnecessary stress!! Any suggestions would be great :wall:

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I always keep my Ts out of direct sunlight for obvious reasons. Indirect light, I'm still not sure about. I keep mine in a shady area where's there's less traffic, including my G. Rosea, who doesn't really seem to like light. When I had avics I kept them out of direct light as well, but where I was living my room got bright and they seemed to do okay. They had plants to hide under, though. So I guess I just wasted a post telling you absolutely nothing. :)

MyNameIsMud

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep mine out of direct sunlight as well. They're all arranged in my office so the get the night/day difference however. I don't know as it matters but they seem happy with it.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They should have a hide so that they can get away from light if they really want to. Tarantulas LIVE outside. There's normally some indirect sunlight in almost ANY biome. The floor of a very dense rainforest will obviously be darker than the desert, but some light filters down. In your house, indirect light, even bright afternoon sunlight shouldn't be a big deal, as long as it IS indirect.

None of my Ts are in the direct path of my east-facing window.

Ts have a little biological clock, too, and daylight and darkness are part of their lives, just as they are a part of ours.