help with my new p. cavimanus

supahero911

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have recently bought 2 p. cavimanus and I would like to know what sex they are.

One of them has some damage at the telson most likely from tail grabbing, will that be a problem for him/her? will he recover after molting?

Thanks in advance.

supahero911

Arachnopeon
The first pic i posted is one scorp and in the second 3 pics is another. Can you guys explain how to tell the difference betwen male and female without checking the pectines? Pectines can be really confusing and I can barely see them. Someone said they are both females. What do you guys think?

The reason why I ask so many questions is because I'm new to the hobby and I'm trying to understand better my new pet scorpions since the people that sold them to me werent very informed and had little to tell me about them.

this is a picture of the dark brown scorp pectines.

Last edited:

supahero911

Arachnopeon
Yes she's a WC and she's been digging like crazy this week. Basicly she digs during the day(all day long), and drinks all the water during the night after that she sits at the entrance of her burrow all night, sometimes goes for a walk. she isnt eating very good either, I'm having a rough time feeding her mealworms, but I managed to feed her a locust yesterday. The other female sits in straw cup from the day I got her and she doesnt move much, never seen her out, she is also fat. I havent noticed any signs of agression betwen them so far.