ID help

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here are a couple of spiders i got in a local hunt...1st one is a type of wolf spider i think and the 2nd because of the abdomen markings, i was thinking maybe a type of hammock spider???? any help would be appreciated..

thanks wayne

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First one is indeed a wolf spider. This particular one is a Trochosa sp., might be T. ruricola.

The second one I believe is a Steatoda triangulosa.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Nice pics dude.... pickins is slim up there eh? ;)

The eyes look right for the first one... couldn't tell ya sp though

Cheers bro. :)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics dude.... pickins is slim up there eh? ;)

The eyes look right for the first one... couldn't tell ya sp though

Cheers bro. :)
haha nothing like cali thats for sure...but there are alot of insects though...

erik , thanks for the response, the second seems to fall inline with that ID as i have gotten a couple saying that....whats getting me is the markings on the abdomen which dont seem familiar to cobwebs????

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha nothing like cali thats for sure...but there are alot of insects though...

erik , thanks for the response, the second seems to fall inline with that ID as i have gotten a couple saying that....whats getting me is the markings on the abdomen which dont seem familiar to cobwebs????
Hey Wayne! Get back over to SoCal! ;) :D
Steatoda triangulosa ...looks like one. Hows your image color ...accurate? Seems a very nice yellowish color for triangulosa. Patterns about right though.

Finding any widow action over there?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Wayne! Get back over to SoCal! ;) :D
Steatoda triangulosa ...looks like one. Hows your image color ...accurate? Seems a very nice yellowish color for triangulosa. Patterns about right though.

Finding any widow action over there?
color isn't enhanced at all, so its as close as possible...

nah nothing yet as far as widows go...they really have a phobia over here for the 8 legged variety... so total eradication is usally the end result in most urban areas....there are alot of desert area which I'm hoping to be promising but nothing solid as of yet..

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
color isn't enhanced at all, so its as close as possible...

nah nothing yet as far as widows go...they really have a phobia over here for the 8 legged variety... so total eradication is usally the end result in most urban areas....there are alot of desert area which I'm hoping to be promising but nothing solid as of yet..
Hey...damn quasi writers strike has me next to broke...at least as for geek spending money goes... but Im about to start some side jobs and get some spending cash again ...point being... I'd love to see what you can collect and give you a little gas/beer and shipping cash for some of your locals there. Loxos, hobos, steatoda, latros ...Idaho exotics. :D Talkin no stress, low key deal here ..and anytime ...if you're ever interested. ;)

Movin back soon?? :)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey...damn quasi writers strike has me next to broke...at least as for geek spending money goes... but Im about to start some side jobs and get some spending cash again ...point being... I'd love to see what you can collect and give you a little gas/beer and shipping cash for some of your locals there. Loxos, hobos, steatoda, latros ...Idaho exotics. :D Talkin no stress, low key deal here ..and anytime ...if you're ever interested. ;)

Movin back soon?? :)
no, i actually like the hunting and rafting up here and im close to canada... which hopefully i can strengthen some of my canadian friendships but overall im hoping to be in england as a final resting stop someday in the future, lol....

hobos are doable and hopefully some of the others, to be honest im more into trues up here than i ever was in cali....anyways we can always work something out, since i do hold the scabies philosophy true here as i did there. conservation and awareness of local fauna...