isopods

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a mold problem in one of my 10 gallon tarantula tanks and i have been able to catch a few isopods under rocks in my backyard and so far they have done their job cleaning up, but i need more. Whats a simple way of collecting them? i was thinking of leaving some rotting wood in one of my garden beds.

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Old wood works. A piece of old carpeting or an old rug left outside will work good. They reproduce well, so you will have many before you know it - just keep the substrate moist.

HKronos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a mold problem in one of my 10 gallon tarantula tanks and i have been able to catch a few isopods under rocks in my backyard and so far they have done their job cleaning up, but i need more. Whats a simple way of collecting them? i was thinking of leaving some rotting wood in one of my garden beds.
You'll probably see babies, I've seen population growth in relatively short span with little white barely visible isopods crawling around. Watch when you water the garden beds, after showers, and look in obvious places in cool moist soils underneath objects too.

auroborus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
also try going out at night with a flash light, ive seen them crawling all over the place in my garden.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey yr out in White Rock, right? If you want, shoot me a PM and I'll get you TONS of them if you want!