Cages

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm trying to find a substitute to my wooden cages for all my herps. I've looked at vision cages already, but I'd like to see if there is anything else out there. Something similar to the vision cages would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those look good, I am actually thinking of buying one or a few. One question, if you don't use heat pads and you need to stack the cages how would you go about heating them? Right now I currently have my heat bulbs in with my lizards and snakes. (wire cages around the bulbs used for snakes)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What would you reccomend? The heat panels? I've never really used heat pads or heat tape or heat panels, it's always been heat bulbs for me.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm looking for some wooden cages for my snakes so if you sell yours please let me know. :D
The visionarium cages look nice. I've heard both good and bad things about them. I might get one to try.

Singbluemymind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i personally haven't used any of them either but from what i understand the het panels are supposed to work amazingly

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i personally haven't used any of them either but from what i understand the het panels are supposed to work amazingly
Have you ever used the animalplastics.com enclosures? If so how are they?

I'm looking for some wooden cages for my snakes so if you sell yours please let me know. :D
The visionarium cages look nice. I've heard both good and bad things about them. I might get one to try.
If you really are intersted, I would sell them to you. I have 3 at the moment.

heat panels are the way to go use them on all my herps:)
I've never used them so maybe you can help me with my specifications.

72"Lx36"Dx24"H cage for Black throat monitor. Temperatures needing to be at 80f on the cool side, 85-90f on the warm side, and 115-130 in the basking spot.

72"Lx36"Dx24"H cage for B/W Tegu. Temperatures need to be at 80F on cool side and 85F on warm side with 115F basking spot.

36"Lx24"Dx24"H cage for Brazilian rainbow boa. need temps around 80F, and basking around 90F

24"Lx24"Dx36"H cage for jungle carpet python with temps needing to be at 80F on cool side and 85F on warm side, with basking around 90F

I'm more then likely going with the animal plastics enclsoures.

Singbluemymind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They seem to be a take-off of http://www.boaphileplastics.com/. I have bought from boaphile and really like their cages. There is no putting anything together it is all shipped ready for immediate set up. Shipping is included in the price. The only draw back is the guy can take a while to get them out to you.
seems like a good site but the ones on animal plastics get wider

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to have a couple AP racks for my geckos. They were awesome racks, great prices, and their customer service was A+.

If your going to be using tubs, then Id go with heat tape which is great because you can set it to any temp you want with a thermostat.

If the cages arent in a tub-type setup then the heat panels will work just fine too.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm gonna go with the AP cages, but I'm trying to figure out, what size heat panels I will need, or if I can install light fixtures into the cages?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
bump

So anyone ever use the AP cages? Is it possible to install light fixtures for uvb bulbs or do they come with fixtures already? Also, how do I judge what kind and size heat panel I need?

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
paul

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Give them a call and theyll help with everything you may have questions on.
Thanks, thats what I'm gonna do, but I'm usually working the hours they're open so hopefully I can get sometime to make the call.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just started usinng animal plastics for my baby jungles. I want to switch everything over to Animal Plastics later on when I get where I can. I really like their racks.

John

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just started usinng animal plastics for my baby jungles. I want to switch everything over to Animal Plastics later on when I get where I can. I really like their racks.

John
What size do you use for your jungles, and how big are your jungles? I'm still debating on which to get for my jcp.

1truth

Arachnopeon
I have ap cages for all my retics and anacondas. They way they heat is by using belly heat which fits into a groove under the tank so when they stack everything is nice and flush. There is also a slotted groove for a thermostat probe. You can also use flex watt for heating. The cages hold heat and humidity very well and the florescent lights get mounted to the ceiling with grooves for the cords to fit in while it gets ran to an outlet. Very professional cages. What snakes are you putting in them

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does it come with all that standard? The fixtures and what not?

I'm going to be putting a Jungle Carpet Python in one of the Arboreal models, a BRazilian Rainbow Boa in one of the 4' Terrestrial models, a Black and White Tegu in the 6' Terrestrial model, and a Black throat monitor in another 6' model.