New to scorpions housing using questions.

benbored

Arachnopeon
Hi im ben and im new to scorpions. I have an emp. scorpion that is being house in a 10 gal. I have a question about the heating. I bought a 75 watt IR bulb and just twisted into a wall mart clamp on lamp do you guys think this is safe? i think the lamp can hold up to 160 watt. Anyways how oftne should i keep this on. Im also interested in other CHEAP heating method that will keep a constant temp. If you guys can reply back it'll be great thanks!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
keep it a room temp. heat lamps = cooked scorp.

check out my video for basic housing.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont think lamps are good for scorps either since they r nocturnal anyway:/
ive never used one and they seem to b doing just fine a heat mat could help with the humidity though and the temp during winter.but it wont kill them if u dont have it, theyll just fall into hybernation wich is prety boring:p

Yrat

Arachnopeon
i have two emps in a 10gal. right now room temps are around ~75F. i have a 75W heat lamp oriented towards one end of the tank. whenever i turn it on, the emps come out of their burrows (opposite site of the tank) and bask in the heat. they obviously enjoy it.

benbored

Arachnopeon
Well as of the moment I am deciding to invest in a Dimmable Fixture. I found one on petmountain.com for about 16 bucks. Any suggestions? Thanks alot guys. Oh btw my house has good room temp its just that i live in Wisconsin and in the winter i don't really stay home much so i don't really turn on the heater.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They will live at room temp but will thrive at 80-90F

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can use a heating pad if you want some heat. If you are going to use one, stick it on the sides of the tank, not the bottom as emps are burrowers and can hurt them.