Animal Planet Tarantulas

suprafly

Arachnopeon
i didn't even see you had this on here already.

suprafly out......................................

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks for the info..i always flip to that chan to see if there are anything on about tarantulas..

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i caught the first half, then had to go pick my girlfriend up from work :(

but i'll cath it again by god, even if it's the last thing I do! (not really but sounded kinda epicy...

-Joshua

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that sucks hey if you see something youre interested in but you have to do something else...

MissIce

Arachnopeon
The great thing about Animal Planet, TLC, and Discovery is that they usually run their night time shows in 3 or 4 hour loops. If you miss a show chances are it will be back on in a couple hours.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks! I didn't even know it was on the first time round. I am definitely taping the second run !

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, yet again the fates conspired against me... I tried to watch it again when it came on at 2 am, but 5 minutes into it i got a call from my brother-in-law saying he was stranded.... HOPEFULLY i'll get to watch the FULL thing tonight :rolleyes: i shouldn't have people calling me at 10:00 tonite, so hopefully i'll get to watch it with my g/f....

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Speaking of animal planet.... have you ever noticed how on those "crocodile wrestler" shows when they catch a lizard or a snake they say exactly what it is, but when they pick up a spider it's just a "spider" or a Tarantula? :?

~~~Psycho~~~

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I FELL ASLEEP! (cuss word cuss word cuss word!!) I'm going to set my vcr and record it, whether I watch it or not!!

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, it should be on at 9:00 pm out ther tonight Mizm, you should be able to catch it then, but no guarantees...

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Thank you, I'll start my caffiene intake now....;)

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i watched it, they has some really good fotage. a lot of mice eating scenes which were real cool. at the very end they showed a bunch of different t's also

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WTF??????????? last night I checked the schedule, and it said that they were showing it tonight at 10:00.... now it says it won't be on until the 17th??? :mad:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For the T specials that I've seen I'll say that it's good, but I'd much rather see a documentary aimed at people that don't need so much talking down to. Any nice movies of Ts being Ts is nice, but it just rings a little too bubblegum to me.

A little more scientific accuracy couldn't have hurt either. E. g. the bit about how bad their eyesight is is debated even for something like a burrowing T and it's clearly off for something like a Pokie.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
C_M...you are picking nits again ;)
For a documentary (even a staged one) it's damn good. Good footage, MOSTLY accurate information, and given in a positive light....
And no 'scary music' in the background...it almost sounded like some new age music whilst the versicolors mated....
Hey, it's one of the best I've seen done so far.
I wish they'd have used latin names though!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
WTF??????????? last night I checked the schedule, and it said that they were showing it tonight at 10:00.... now it says it won't be on until the 17th???
Yeah, I also thought it was gonna be on at 4:00 am my time tonight. I was gonna wait up, but i dont wanna stay up and see a old Americas funny pet show.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
My guide says Sunday at 2:00 pm. Guess the IRBA show will have to be the early shift!!

CM, we're just too intelligent! The editorial people here at the newspaper are told to write articles for a 4th grade reading level because studies show that is where most of the population's reading level is!

I usually don't pay attention to the words anyway, the visuals get so many ooohs and aaaaahs from us, you can't hear it anyway! Maybe we should record some good background music over the audio!!

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ANIMAL PLANET

6:30 AM Eastern Wednesday, AUG. 20

Champions of the Wild
Tarantulas
30 min.
Profiling the work of Rick West, one of the world's leading authorities on tarantulas. (VCR Plus+ 457662)

Rating: TV-G
Category: Nature