P. metallica

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I know I'm crazy when I'm considering using my credit card to purchase a $400 spider, but....
Does anyone know who on the web is selling P. metallica and are all the prices around $400? I have tried to find them for sale and cannot locate a dealer with them.
Also, does anyone know how many bloodlines are in North America at present? If I did end up purchasing one and got a male, I would like to opportunity to breed him, but not with offspring from the same bloodline.
Also, also, what size are the current spiderlings for sale and do you think they are able to be sexed? I know you can use a microscope, but do you think that dealers have already sexed specimens of P. metallica and might be willing to sell a female for a higher price?
Thanks!
Ralph

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
To the best of my knowledge they are gone. Scott pointed out in another thread that there is supposed to be slings from a 3rd breeding that will be imported sometime in the next few months. Be ready with the c.c. and make inquiries with the dealers to get on whatever sort of waiting list they may be making.

Two bloodlines were in this first shipment.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Hey Ralph,

Why not buy a few chances from Arachnopets and win one! (Hey what am I saying the more Scott sells the worse my chances get :( )

Jeff

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
CM - Thanks for the depressing information, maybe it is a good thing as that will allow me time to save additional funds. Also, do you know what dealers will be getting them so I can get on a waiting list? With a third bloodline, that will be good for breeding, however, do the dealers have bloodline information available for distribution?
jcohen9999 - I've purchased some tickets already, but maybe I will purchase some additional ones.
Thanks!

Also, if anyone else has additional information on this species, I would love to hear it.
Thanks again!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rknralf,

I can tell you this much, after seeing Andrew Smith's presentation on the Pokies, I doubt you'd be disappointed. I'd love to have one, but I'm going to have to wait until they are a bit more available and affordable. I've never been much of a gambler. However, I'll send you pictures of "Code Monkey" (that is what I'm going to name her after I win her) once I get her. CM, you'll have pictures of her in your e-mail on a daily basis.:D

Botar

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
I've never been much of a gambler. However, I'll send you pictures of "Code Monkey" (that is what I'm going to name her after I win her) once I get her. CM, you'll have pictures of her in your e-mail on a daily basis.:D
Don't you go taking my spider =D

If anyone else wins it will clearly be a mistake and in good conscience they'll be morally required to forward it to me, or something like that :D

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What about Todd Gearheart? His last price list had them listed.

Not sure if he still has them, but it's worth a shot.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rknralf,

I finally got around to subscribing to Arachnid World group, and I've been reading about P. metallica while goofing off at work.:) Allegedly, a group of them were smuggled out of India a few years ago. One person was caught but was allowed to take the T since Ts are not specifically mentioned in India's export laws. Since then, Indian officials have decided to alert their customs officers that Ts are NOT to be exported. Hence, the two clutches and the currently incubating third eggsac are pretty much all there is, especially since no one wants to get thrown into an Indian jail for several years.

You should check out some of the other P. metallica threads. Lariz had some interesting things to say about them.

Karen N.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think Southern Spiderworks had talked about getting some P.Metallica. But I am unsure when they are getting them. Art Cerda is also getting them as well.

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this was posted in brum_tarantulas forums, maybe it's of use to you.

The Gooty Ornamental and the Bengal Spot Ornamental. The two most Hunted Species in the hobby.We've got 'em both and Want YOU to be the first to add these fine species to your collection!

In case you've been living in a burrow and haven't heard......

The Gooty sports a Bright blue shine over the entire body which is overlayed onto the typical Pokey pattern as a juvinile and then matures to an equally impressive adult With the Blue markings becoming more intense on the legs and carapace.

The Bengal Spot carries a wildly patterned abdomen with Blue/purple Markings on the femurs and leg segments.

Both are shockers!!!!! Well started At 1" plus, a must for any pokey lover.

P. metallica....... <edit - Satanika>
P. Miranda......... <edit - Satanika>

Call now for this or any of your other invert needs
(401) 277-9000 , Ask for Vince, We'll be glad to help!
Vince@regalreptiles.com
I have no idea who they are ( i'm in the UK) though so, you'll need to ask around . Good luck though :)

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, i just ordered from vince last week, and i was highly impressed, so if you're willing to pay that much, he's a really good guy to go through IME.