she did it

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
:D :D she layed the eggs!!! my obt layed her eggs this morning after midnight sometime. i cant see the sack through the 14 hours of webbing, but im sure its there :D :D whooo!!!!

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you have no idea haha theres at least a half inch of webbing in front of the point i can see. i would definitely take pics but theres no way i can get one. all i can see with the aid of an led flashlight is the outline of her. but ill keep u guys updated if any slings come out of this :D

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
K gl man. When they hatch your gonna have a lot of work to do trying to get all of em out of there.

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ive never tried this but ive read around here that, in the tub, t's cant climb out? their tarsal claws cant grip the ceramic?

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
uhhh i was depending on that method haha. hmm maybe ill just catch them in vials really fast after they hatch. i cant wait!

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thanks man, and im familiar with her attitude, shes attacked my forceps many times during cleaning :D

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hmm, after they hatch, will they scatter? or will they stay in the general area of the sac?

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmm, after they hatch, will they scatter? or will they stay in the general area of the sac?
CONGRATS ! ! ! ! ! Waaaaaay cool. :clap: :clap: :clap:

In all probability, when they emerge from the egg stage into eggs with legs they will still be in the sac. With their first molt (first instar) they will begin to wander a bit. Mars, my OBT mom would gather them together, at this stage, and put them back into the burrow the sac had become a part of. They will still have lots of space in there.

Next, mom would catch crickets-full size-and drag them underground for the babies to eat. It was at this stage I pulled them to re-house into vials. What I am doing now with the second sac she is now incubating, is to let her feed them and only catch the escapees.

I plan to place cheesecloth over the tank so I can control the speed at which they seek the outdoors. It is so flippin' fascinating!!! There will no doubt, be a natural selection process as some may not make it that way. I'm fine with that. It means the ones who do survive will be the strongest for future breedings.

HAVE FUN ! ! ! ! ! !:D

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thanks a lot! i was waiting for you to post, since you wanted an update before. im so happy she laid the sac its exciting being my first time and all. i cant wait until they hatch this is gonna be awesome! :D :D :D