isopods?

BearGrylls4life

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinking about puting some isopods in with a group of emps as like a little clean up crew, i also have some jacksoni that i was thinking of doing the same thing to. do you think it would stress the scorps out? has anyone done it?

thanks max

Swemba

Arachnopeon
I placed an Iraqi dung beatle in with about 8 androctonus crassicauda's to clean the lizard poo up. He's been in longer than any of the scorps and they have killed everything introduced but him. He's hard as rock though.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not sure the jacksoni are moist enough, isopods have gills and require a very moist environment to survive.
Rev

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
not sure the jacksoni are moist enough, isopods have gills and require a very moist environment to survive.
Rev
that's what i was thinkin rev. isopods need moisture, and typically are used to clean up mold, which forms in moist environments. i would stick to using them in just the emp's cage. they'll die off pretty quickly in a dry setup.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use them in my B. gigas and G. sp. breeding setups, no problems so far. Just remember, isopods might need more water than your scorps so if you see a couple out in the open give them a little misting.

I also use them in a bunch of my T cages, they are really beneficially, but I wouldn't put them in a slings cage, only the bigger guys and gals get them. Oh, I also have a few in my centipede cages because sheesh those guys are messy eaters!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks you guys, about how many should i put in?
Depends on cage size, for my smaller groups (B. gigas) I only have 4 adults in there, in my T. blondi cage I have about 12. In my juvenile cent's cage, only 2.

BearGrylls4life

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
one more thing, i have tons of them running around under rocks out in back yard can i just grab some of those or do i need a special kind?