Need Information.

The Emperor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not sure if this creature is a scorpion, But I am assuming it is. I have heard of something called the "Egyptian Camel Killer".

If anybody knows what this is, Please let me know.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i think what you might be thinking of is a solpugid. nasty critters with a horrible disposition :D :D

google it. they go by about 584395795 different names.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ive never heard of them being pets but they scare the crap out of me

you might have second thoughts if you saw one eat a mouse
and from what i hear they can get huge!!

GideonSmith08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes they can, but from what I've heard, not many people keep them as pets due to their short lifespan and not being very common.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i would go for it. they are really fun pets. voracious as all get-out. the only problems i've had with them are with reproduction, that gets tricky. otherwise, they're pretty easy to keep.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
"reproduction", I had some experience with that too. I kept seeing babies in September from a species in Texas. But they all seemed like they hatched dead. Then from doing some reading, it's looking like the babies over-winter in a dormant state, so I messed up there thinking they were dead. I haven't tried it again since I heard that might be the case. Yeah, for sure, go for it if you're interested. It's just that most people haven't kept them alive for long but some species simply may not live long. Many I've had from Texas seemed to just run out of life fast. I need to catch some young ones next time and see what happens.

BearGrylls4life

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you are talking about the camel spider by all means go for it! i havnt kept any of them myself but a couple of my friends have and they are crazy little beasts. dont live for that long tho, not sure way.

max

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
dont live for that long tho, not sure way.
they live hard and fast ;)

you can keep them alive for longer with lower temps/less often feeding. but less often feeding is not quite as much fun as throwing tons of stuff in there ;)