Rose Hair T.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is not really enough information to make any sort of determination. Can you explain in further detail?

ballz09

Arachnopeon
The last couple of days he hasnt moved much at all and he usually moves all the time. When I woke up today and saw he had moved in 14 hours I thought he was dead, but still do not know for sure. I have a video of what he was doing but I cant seem to get it on here. He has just been acting really weird like only using his front legs when he does walk and drags the other 6 legs. He also usually moves when I take the lid off his cage but not for a day or 2.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The last couple of days he hasnt moved much at all and he usually moves all the time.
I can't speak for the rest but, uh. You do know that rosehair tarantulas aren't SUPPOSED to move all the time? Most of they time they do hardly move at all, unless their enclosure is wrong or they're a mature male looking to get some.

If yours was constantly active and is now walking weakly like his body is shutting down, I'm calling possible mature male dying of old age.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pic

Can you post a clear pic of the T, making sure to get as much detail on the pedipalps and front legs? Might help.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My T. acts like he is drunk. is he Dying or molting? :?
by acting drunk do you mean he looks to be passed out? if so that pretty much what rosies do lol if you mean walking in a staggering motion, then its not.

ballz09

Arachnopeon
He is doing what was on youtube. But much much worse. He is only movin one front leg now. He only moves it up and down, but very seldom. He hasnt move from that spot in 48 hours now. What do i do to fix this problem (diskinetic syndrome)?

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry man, sounds like he's on his last leg. There really is no cure for dyskinetic syndrome because nobody knows the cause(s). Do you have a water dish in the cage? It's possible he might be dehydrated.

If you want you can try putting him in an ICU. Take some moist paper towels, put them in a tupperware dish, and put it in a warm, dark, quiet place. I guess it's worth a shot but the prospects don't look good at all.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you have other spiders keep that one away from them. Sadly if that is what is going on there is not much you can do about it.

ballz09

Arachnopeon
about how long do u think he has to live? He is doing a little better now, he is kinda moving every once in a while. He acts like he is trying to move alot and he just cant.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is no set time frame. He could go on like that for months and slowly die. Or he could get better you can't definitively rule that out ether. Your just going to have to wait it out and hope things get better.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You never posted the pictures that were requested. It's still by no means clear that it's diskinetic syndrome.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Look for hooks on the backs of the front set of legs. If they are there, then yeah, most likely a MM on his way out to where they serve gravy covered crickets! If that's the case, time to be humane.