getting worried

Daehon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a adult b.smithi whom decided to entomb himself about a month ago this i would have to say cause he or she is molting...but how long should I wait till i need to start to investigate, I am misting the cage every couple of days to make sure he will get some water but a month and I am starting to get worried.

Daehon:?

Remigius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a tiny b. smithi (less than an 1'') that did this to me, and bunkered itself for a month. So, I imagine, it's not that long for an adult, at all. Just be patient. It's probably doing fine.

PS - non of my ts that did this came up until the next molt. Sorry :(

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's not unusual. I would cut back a little on the misting though.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, smithi's like it on the dry side and unless you think he is having a hard time molting it is not necessary.

Who says it here? A watched T never molts! LOL

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a adult b.smithi whom decided to entomb himself about a month ago this i would have to say cause he or she is molting...but how long should I wait till i need to start to investigate, I am misting the cage every couple of days to make sure he will get some water but a month and I am starting to get worried.

Daehon:?
Hi there. A month is a short amount of time for an adult T to be sealed in it's burrow. I'm afraid it's time to play the waiting game :D
Your T may spend the best part of a year sealed in there before it molts or eats. Alternatively,it may emerge tomorrow. I'd say leave it be. It's been said many times, but it's true...T keeping teaches the art of patience {D .

With regards to the misting, personally I don't bother during premolt with my smithis ( I just make sure there's plenty of clean water available and they seem to be fine). Many people do mist at this time though, so it's all down to personal preference.

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would just leave him alone. But if your getting worried about it then just go peek at it (carefully)

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for an adult Brachy, I might get curious after about 7 months, after a year I probably couldn't stand it anymore and would have to look lol
Rev