Scorpion hunt 3:50 AM EST heheh...

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, it's time once again to go on a scorpion hunt. I'm on my way out the door right now, in search of V. carolinianus. We'll see if I have as much luck tonight as I have had during the daytime on all the other occasions.

adios,
edw.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good luck!!!

Post some pics immediately. Dont wait til after youve slept. sleep is very unnecessary when it comes to pics of scorps.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hmmm...if you wanna buy me a digital camera, I don't mind. *lol* Catch number one of the night: adult female. Will get some of the many promised pics developed tomorrow afternoon, but I dunno if I'll burn out this whole roll tonight (I think I have a couple pics of the female that just gave birth the other week on one of the other rolls). I also plan to go up to Chattanooga tomorrow night to meet up with a couple friends for a scorpion hunt as well. I should have far more luck up there, due to their being in pretty descent sized groups and up underneath almost everybody's house there (gotta charge up the batteries for my blacklight this morning though, cause they are almost dead as it is). Here, I'm usually lucky if I'm able to locate one scorp in several hours of searching, but so far it's looking better than usual. *walks back outside*

edw. :D

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ah, no digital cam......you need one my friend, you need one. (its a partial necessity)

Find some money (win the lotto) and go on ebay (you evidently have a comptuer) and get a coolpix 2500 (because its necessary). Thats my final word for the night. =D :} =D :}

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The lotto...now that would be quite nice, but I'd be on my way to Central and South America to get Tityus, rather than be here posting pics from a digital camera. *lol* I know, I plan on making the purchase of one, but of course, there are many other things on my list to purchase prior to that.

Anyway, I didn't locate anymore scorps last night or tonight, but I did locate some of the most interesting and small arachnids I have ever seen with claw-type pedipalps (they are about the size of both pedipalps combined of a baby V. carolinianus [tiny!]). Yes, true Pseudoscorpions was the prize today...in a count of five, so far. There is also an addition of millipedes to my collection...about fifty and both of the species glow under a blacklight. I can't remember which dealer has one of them or had one of them on their stocklist, but if I recall, they were about four bucks each and are a descent sized species (plated millipedes that are red and black). Well, perhaps I'll have better luck with the scorp searching next weekend.

adios,
edw.

Last edited:

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Edward: I guess you're talking about the brown or orange flat millis? They're very nice, but it is said that their defensive secretion is very harmful to other animals (more than normal millis: ie.: AGBs).

Frank