Problems with Hyllus diardi youngs

Frederic S.

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I have some youngs of Hyllus diardi.
I had 10 and now only 5 remains, 3 months passed.
I keep them in cricket boxes with wet/humid humus and feed them regulary with drosophilas or terflies.
The temperature is 25 °C.

Where is the problem?

Sincerelly

Fred

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Try some more variety in their diet? Rice Flour Beetles Tribolium confusum, especially the larva, are a good small prey item you could try along with small crix.

mindstorm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

I have some youngs of Hyllus diardi.
I had 10 and now only 5 remains, 3 months passed.
I keep them in cricket boxes with wet/humid humus and feed them regulary with drosophilas or terflies.
The temperature is 25 °C.

Where is the problem?

Sincerelly

Fred
Where did you get Hyllus diardi from?

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Excuse me for bring an old topic up but ive had exactly the same thing, 7 slings to just f@#king 3.
They were kept humid and fed on a pretty decent variety of food, fruit flies, aphids, and all other small fly type things.

EXOPET

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
airflow seems to be required, and Deroplatys, yours are not diardii, they MAY be giganteum.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
airflow seems to be required, and Deroplatys, yours are not diardii, they MAY be giganteum.
+1 I've had more problems with jumpers being kept too wet than too dry.

None of my jumpers have any kind of substrate - most don't even spend that much time on the ground except the platycryptus. I just put things they can web themselves up in - pinecones, curled leaves, empty snail or nutshells, hollowed tree roots, etc(replace anything moldy or smelling). They get misted for water every other day. Just enough for tiny drops on the underside of the lid or sides. My 9th instar P. audax is large enough for a water dish (a small Coke bottlecap)