Sling wiping fangs on me

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had Bungee out crawling on my hand and I decided to give him a few droplets of water in case he wanted a drink since he normally gets his moisture from the crickets he eats and from me misting his container.

So he walks up to the water droplets and sticks his face right in, and has a little drink, which was really cute.

Then he started walking around while moving his chelicerae like he was smacking his lips, and then I felt the oddest sensation, like something was being rubbed on my arm... Turns out he was 'polishing' his teeny tiny tarantula fangs on my arm. He wasn't biting me, just running them over my arm very lightly. He walked all the way up my arm just strolling along dragging the smooth side of his fangs on my arm.

Fortunately I read on here of someone's rosie doing this and I knew it wasn't aggressive behaviour, so I just let him do it for awhile and then he stopped.

I am now a tarantula napkin. LOL. :D

Greensleeves

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by greensleeves
I am now a tarantula napkin. LOL. :D

Greensleeves
>>either that or he's just tasting you...see if you're tasty enough to take a little nip...lol....:} ...peace..

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that has got to be one of the cutest things ive ever heard and the way u described it was even cuter now that is a story for the squemish arachnophobe which might calm them down

Mike

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a bit unnerving the first time it happens. The first time I had that experience was with one of my adult A.versis. Her fangs looked pretty big when they were running across my hand.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greensleeves,
Your T is lucky that he/she has such a knowledgeable owner.

Karen N.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ultimate Instar
Greensleeves,
Your T is lucky that he/she has such a knowledgeable owner.

Karen N.
Hee hee, I'm just a newbie, I owe everything I know to the great people on this forum. =D

Greensleeves

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by esmoot
It's a bit unnerving the first time it happens. The first time I had that experience was with one of my adult A.versis. Her fangs looked pretty big when they were running across my hand.
I can imagine!

I am so glad I chose a spiderling as my first tarantula - a lot of behaviours that I'm finding cute now might have been alarming to me when performed by a 4 or 5 inch specimen, but this way both Bungee and I will grow into each other. :)

Greensleeves