aggresive rosehair

coolguy125

Arachnopeon
wondering if its normal i got her bout 2 weeks ago and try to touch her to hold her and shes was too crazy lol guess i wont just hold her

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it all depends on the T. you could have the nicest, calmest, most docile rosie in the world, or you could have an absolute demonspawn. all T's have thier own personality.

just don't try to hold her if she goes crazy at you.

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, just give her some time to get used to you. I know my G. rosea wasn't exactly used to being held when I first got her. She's still in a new environment with new surroundings and nothing is familiar to her yet. Give her some time to adjust :) There are docile tarantulas that can be very defensive and there are some Old World tarantulas that don't mind being held. You never know what you might end up with. Her defensiveness might be a sign of a molt, and she might end up docile the next time she molts. My tarantulas have changed drastically like that before and after molting.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Out of three of my rosea, I can hold on. My other two big females almost always give me threat displays. Huge fangs....

MyNameIsMud

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got 4 rosies, two docile and calm, one about 50/50 and the other is psycho and will attack anything that moves in her tank. I would sooner do maintanence in my lividum's tank than hers.

oregongrown

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I HAD 3 rosies, but after trying to make a communal, I now have 2 rosies.... I could hold all 3, but sometimes they got into threat display when I come into the tank, now the one that likes to sit out all the time is gone, R.I.P little buddy

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 3 rosies, my first one is a little aggressive , my 2nd one is very shy and skiddish, my 3rd is very shy and mostly hides out -- but she is very sweet and gentle.
They all have their own way of going about things and are very different from one another.