Monocentropus balfouri

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I saw this pic and was wondering if they are availible in the hobby and/or if anyone can tell me anything about them? Looking for the usual husbandry info and how big they get? The color and contrast on these is striking and I'd LOVE to have one in my collection!

http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/3/0085.htm

TheDarkness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
a few of these were recently imported but the price tag is quite high.id reccomend letting serious breeders get these first so that a breeding program in the states can be established.heard these could be one of the rarest t's in the hobby

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard of prices in the 4 digits...for a sling!!!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
someday i will have one of these... even if i'm 80 years old!!!! :wall:

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I think this is the epitome of a species that looks great in the right light, but otherwise looks like a spider that is various shades of brown

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It' s available in Canada. I think he' s the first one in North America to own them. :)

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is a post from James :
11-12-2007, 11:05 AM #3
james
Arachnobaron

My Mood: spiderlings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A purpurea 3 for $100 shipped priority. Express is $114.

Spidelings for coming import:
Encyocratella ollivacea
Monocentropus balfouri

These are very rare and very limited so please only seroius requests.
Thanks,
James
707-206-1753

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I think this is the epitome of a species that looks great in the right light, but otherwise looks like a spider that is various shades of brown
actually, i even like how they look under normal lighting, where all the blue can appear black.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I think they look good as well. Allow me to amend the original post. You can make out the cream/whitish femurs in any light. That, in combination with the fluffy appears of the femur and different coloration of the distal leg segments makes for a very attractive spider, no doubt. But many will assert that M. balfouri is more "blue" than P. metallica. I would have to disagree.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I'll be sure to let you guys see mine through the stages of development as I have 6 possibly very soon.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
;P Soon my friend soon!

I am looking forward to seeing how they do and seeing the stages of the growth. From what I gather, they are a medium growing species and hardy like the baboon type spiders.

These will be my gems of my collection when and if they arrive.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You and me both Chris! I have a line on 10 or so....... I'd love to breed them someday!