Calcium problem

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I heard somewhere that you should feed crickets/roaches that are gonna be fed to T's with eggshells, so the T can get plenty of calcium to have a strong exoeskeleton. (or whatever you write it, lol).

Can't that much calcium create problems during molting?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
as Mushroom spore has already said, no calcium should be used in the diet of crix/roaches. T's don't need it :)

--dan--

edit: when i was still collecting T's and other inverts, i fed my B dubia, B craniifer, my G portentosa's and my Harlequin roaches mainly sliced apples, potatoes, a garden mix i guess you could say. Beware, Flukers sales some cricket food that is called "gut loader". it looks like it would be good, and it IS good for the crix, but it's only for reptiles as it has a lot of calcium in it.

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, i thought so.
that was why i got suspicious :?
some guys think that cause tarantulas are exotic pets, live in terrariums, and eat insects, just as lizards, they are the same thing ¬¬

Remigius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah... exapt their exoskeleton is made of chitin. There's no need for calcium then.

Two

Arachnopeon
So they don't need a lot of calcium, but is it bad for them? I ask because I get this stuff to feed my crickets called Total Bites that has calcium among other things, and the box claimed it was a good gutloader for feeder crickets for Ts as well as reptiles.

Tuwin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To much calcium can lead to many molt issues. I would not gut load my feeders with Calcium