WOW! Fast growth! P.Regalis male

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, upon doing the graveyard feeding shift (it's 2:30am here in the UK) I cam to 'Roach' my sub adult male Poecilotheria Regalis...

Anyway he's moulted and is now fully equipped to tackle the ladies ;) Or at leats I think so, this is my first " adult male poecilotheria" so I'm kinda hazy on it, and there arn't a lot of pics to go by :/

I'm amazed at how fast it'sgrown, I got it as a 8mm spiderling late October 2002, that's 10 months to reach adult hood :?

Here's the moult records:

Got on Oct 24th 2002
Moulted Nov 12th 2002
Moulted Dec 15th 2002
Moulted Jan 26th
Moulted Feb 21 - Sexed as male?
Moulted March 30 - Male
Moulted May 20
Matured August 17 ?

And it's LENGTH (from tip of back leg to tip of front when in the classic arboreal 'pose) is around 6-7". Pretty fast growth huh?

His palps are nice and palpalicious, though I can't see any tibial spurs - Does this species have them? I know it's stupid me not researching this, especially seeing as I've known lovely Roach was a male for some time. I'm not 100% sure he has matured, though tomorow I should get a better look. Any details on mature male regalis would be most appreciated

I should have a camera in a fortnight (all going to plan hehe) so I'll hang onto him until then...

Last edited:

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
These are the only pics I got of my regalis male, which I sent out for breeding (he mated and got munched..)

His molt video (DivX compressed)

Last edited:

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had to DL the codec, but it was a pretty kewl vid.:D

I'm looking forward to mine getting some size on it!