Where is the cricket?

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked away for about 2 minutes and when I looked back, the cricket in my T enclosure is gone. The T DEFINITELY did not eat the cricket. I am thinking of 2 possibilities
1. It escaped the enclosure which is very unlikely because I tried to squeeze one through the openings before and ended up killing it instead.
2. It burrowed but I used my pair of chopsticks (yes I use chopsticks instead of tongs, call me Asian) to poke around and nothing moved.

I'm just worried that it may be outside and I will be facing a cricket outbreak soon. :(

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Takes two crickets to infest unless it was a pregnant female.

But anyway in cases like these it's usually under just a bit of substrate and web somewhere.

Or your T ate and swallowed it THAT fast. :)

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you crpy. It was indeed under the water bowl. STUPID crix. It was stucked there because it digged into the ecoearth underneath the water bowl so the bowl sorts of drop right on top of it.

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even if you dropped a 1000 crix in your house I seriously doubt you would get an infestation. It would be really annoying for a couple of weeks but it just not very easy to produce baby crix, and the adults die fast without a supply of food and water. If you did get an infestation of crix in your house I think the crickets would be the least of your concerns at that point. I spill crickets all the time one or two here and there and it's just not worth chasing them down. Never seen any babys running around in 8 years of buying bulk crickets.