Centipede enclosures

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can anyone post up some pics of there enclosures its to give me a idea of what im looking for?

Thanks

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Sumatran Cherry Legs is in the enclosure similar to Cheetah' s.

JonathanF

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tomorrow I'll post a thread about my new pede enclosures :) I'll post a link here for you to see.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks people i apprieciate it im not sure what pede im getting yet.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'll post two of my display tanks tomorrow night.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It all depends on the pede you get really. Just make sure the tank is 1.5x higher than the individuals BL and 2x as long as it. 5-10 gallon tanks work great but there are alot of other ideas and ways to house a pede. Here is a pic of a setup for a larger pede.

its owner

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@cjm

So you're saying that I should be keeping my 9"+ pede in a tank that's 14" tall?

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@cjm

So you're saying that I should be keeping my 9"+ pede in a tank that's 14" tall?
Unless you want a 9"+ pede roaming your house it's a good idea. they find any and every possible way to escape and will jump on the opportunity if given it. If the enclosure is taller than the pede's BL there is no chance of it escaping.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Unless you want a 9"+ pede roaming your house it's a good idea. they find any and every possible way to escape and will jump on the opportunity if given it. If the enclosure is taller than the pede's BL there is no chance of it escaping.
It's a good rule of thumb but as in my pics I posted, I've got a sub 10' pede in it and it's 13 inches to the top with 2 to 3 inches of sub. I've not had one escape or even reach the top yet. However, they do get close sometimes. lol

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I swear I dont know how some of the pedes I lost escaped. What looks like a fool proof enclosure has failed me so many times. So I stick to the general rule and havent lost one sense. It works great indeed.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah that would suck.