Look at this idiot on youtube. Its called "dancing pink toes". Help this idiot.

redsaw

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He probably got information from some pet store employee telling him he needs a heat lamp & heat mat.

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The whole point on me showing everyone is so they can post a message on youtube to let that guy know how what he's doing is wrong. I mean 1 message from me might not stop him or make him understand but a couple dozen or more should do it. I hope that the spiders not dead by now. :(

kylecchh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Video is about four months old, poor thing is probably already cooked, another one who listens to the pet stores instead of doing some simple research, hopefully whoever he is, will stay away from this hobby. Flagged it as animal abuse anyhow.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That video was put up in May, either he got smart all those months ago or the poor spider is dead.

somethingbig

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i commented, but getting angry often turns people defensive. you gotta respond calmly but informatively if you want a positive response. (i'm a communications major :p)

also flagged for animal abuse

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried to post twice and it won't accept them. :wall:
The sorriest part of that video, is that the guy really thinks he has a nice set up for his new T. He's thinking he's gone out of his way to think of everything...
I wish someone would chime in on that site and set him straight - without beating him up. He'd be more likely to listen....:)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, it is really REALLY obvious (at least to me) that the avic is trying to escape the heat.

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We'll your right it might be dead by now. But when someone watches that video and see's This guys "dancing" tarantula with these heatlamps and pads on it, Might get the wrong impression. Who knows there are so many stupid people and or just uninformed, that would see this and assume its a happy tarantula because its warm so its dancing.. Or something stupid like that. For the 1000s of people who might view that in the future will see all our comments and will remember what we said, when thinking of buying a tarantula.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How are you guys getting your posts to show up?
waaaaldoooo...where arrrrre yoooou? :D

somethingbig

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if you have a youtube account, you can just click "post a text comment" and you're good to go!

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I'm sure all those heartfelt helpful comments have made quite the impact on dude's keeping techniques. He's sure to be listening to strangers advice given over the internet now that he's been "shown the light" in such a mature and informative fashion.

Poor T.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I found this video on youtube, the guy says his spiders dancing but he's got a heat pad and a heat lamp on the spider, and it to me looks like he cant escape the heat. Let him know what you think because obviously he doesnt know what he's doing. Heres the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR2xmXkKtvM&NR=1
I wouldn't be surprised if he knows EXACTLY what he's doing, and thinks it's funny. Years ago, many side shows used to feature "dancing" lizards, frogs, chickens, rabbits, etc., which were actually animals placed on either a very hot heating pad, or a shock pad. The animals were desperately trying to escape from the source of their pain, thus the "dancing". Fortunately, such displays of cruelty have been outlawed in civilized countries, but I suspect this guy is doing the same thing deliberately just to get a laugh, and figures no one will care, it's just a spider, and so what if it dies, since Avics are cheap and easy to come by.

pitbulllady

DDaake

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe He's One Of These Guys???

sorry just realized I shouldn't post that pic. Wish I could though-just imagine a pic of a guy with his head up his a**. Anyways, guy's an idiot. Research should be done before deciding to take on the responsibility of any living thing. This guy would probably not be good even with a human in his care.

Last edited:

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I flagged it as animal abuse as well, also left a nice comment ;P