Pics of one of my emps eating a lot of crickets

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last one. The total was 7 or 8 crickets at once (although it doesnt look like it)

The other one in the tank only got to eat 1 cricket becuase this one hogged all the others, haha.

Attachments

BigBadConrad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gr8 pics. Man, what a pig. Looks like the crix have their legs, too. Do you just toss 'em in? My Emp shows no interest in crix, even squished ones from forceps. I would love to get him to eat them but so far he'll only take pinkies. Tried giant mealworms, too. Got 2 more Emps, still acclimating, hoping they will all eat crix. Any tips?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what a massacre!
ive had a scorp take 2 worms, but never hog down that many crickets
its the Coney Island Cricket Eating contest ;P

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigBadConrad
Gr8 pics. Man, what a pig. Looks like the crix have their legs, too. Do you just toss 'em in? My Emp shows no interest in crix, even squished ones from forceps. I would love to get him to eat them but so far he'll only take pinkies. Tried giant mealworms, too. Got 2 more Emps, still acclimating, hoping they will all eat crix. Any tips?
Yep, I just toss them in and they attack them.

micjoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
These are some great pics, from a hungry scorp. Very impressive. :clap:

thisgal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that emp looks like it hasn't eaten for MONTHS! Is this a normal eating habit, or a first?

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It can be a normal eating habit. If they aren't fat, and they have the opportunity, they can and will gorge themselves. Mine have both done it at points. Artemis' record was 8 , and Aria's was 6.

If your scorp has no interest in cricks... 'starve' him until he does. If all you offer for a month say, is crickets, it should eat some. It might take awhile, but he should get to a cricket only diet eventually. Don't give up and feed a pinkie, otherwise any success with the crickets will be lost, and you'll be back at square one.