Dodoma Baboon

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
I never hear much about these. I bought an Usambara from someone online and when it got to my house, well it's a dodoma. What are the temperments of this T. Are they similar to the Usambara or can I expect him to just sit in his little log/cork/web/freshlyexcavated tunnel all day. He is a great little digger. I should put him/her on my crew!!

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is a dodoma? I was under the impression it's the common term for any unkown Pteronichilos sp?

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
I just watched hin/her carrying dirt by the mouth full to dig the burrow deeper. I guess I thought they just pushed the dirt out never thought about them carrying it.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrFeexit
I never hear much about these. I bought an Usambara from someone online and when it got to my house, well it's a dodoma. What are the temperments of this T. Are they similar to the Usambara or can I expect him to just sit in his little log/cork/web/freshlyexcavated tunnel all day. He is a great little digger. I should put him/her on my crew!!
When I got mine it was sold as a Togo.
Mine burrows more than any of my Usambaras, But its just as web happy.
Now it just hangs out with its legs peeking out of the burrow, waiting for its next meal to walk by.
Its a cool T, I like it.

Ernie

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Uhhh... Any ideas on what the scientific name may be? I've a male soon to mature, and without the scientific name breeding loans look pretty distant...

I got it as "Meridionalis" :?

I should have a camera shortly, ordering it tomorow if all goes well. Pictures soon :)

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Its actually Pterinochilus chordatus.
I got a female about a year and a half ago, and their temperment is similar to the murinus.
Mine will regularly stridulate and is quite defensive about her hide.
Consider yourself lucky to have one as they aren't that abundant in the United States.
If you have a male near maturity or mature, and are interested in breeding him, please drop me an email/private message, as I would love to breed this species.
Ralph

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the information :)

Unfortunately, I'm in England though, so I doubt I could get the spider to you :p

I'll have pics up as soon as I can anyway.

HD1

Arachnopeon
I got one that looks just like yours from the pet store. They called it a startburst baboon. So far I think its either a P. murinus or a P. lugardi.
I'll take a look at some P. chordatus picks.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aw man i saw the bottom of one of these thinking it was an ornamental baboon
It was 20$ is that cheep?

HD1

Arachnopeon
Spider, I got mine for 9$ at a little over 2" .
There were some other ridiculously low priced T's there too. 20$ sounds good though, I think I just got lucky.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanksman, I`m gonna go for it they look awsome how is there temperment?
P.S-I`m gonna try to get it monday if they still have it.
Later,

HD1

Arachnopeon
I just transfered mine and it went great. Course I put him in the fridge for a few first. I set the deli cup he was in down in the middle of his new home. Took the lid off and loosely set the lid of his cage on with a book on top. I left and turned the lights out. Went back in a hour or so and he was sitting on the substrate. Took the lid off, took out the deli cup and voila. You could tell he was nervous but he didn't make any sudden moves. He's exploring his cage right now. Man these guys look good. Haven't got any experience with this species so can't tell you anymore about his temperment but seems decent so far.
Don't blame me if it jumps on your face though.;P

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'd kinda assume that their temperament would be almost identical to the usambara, considering all that i've heard about these two being color-morphs of the same species, just found in different ranges....

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inuleki
i'd kinda assume that their temperament would be almost identical to the usambara, considering all that i've heard about these two being color-morphs of the same species, just found in different ranges....

ahhhhh haaaaaa So they basically could be the same with different colors. Interesting. Sofar mine has shown no angry agression, just likes to dig and sit. Kinda like a city worker...

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok,Thanks though I beleive i can this dadoma on:D .

P.S i bet its not as moody as my cobalt!;P

Later,