Worlds Largest H.spinifer

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last week I started to sculpt a H.spinifer, one of my favorite scorps, in ceramics. The initial idea was to make it as realistic as possible, yet through the proccess of building, he seams to have grown. From the tip of the telson to the pedipalps, he is almost exactly 10". Have I crossed the line, or am I still in the clear for a ligitimatly large scorp? Thanks ~ Rex

CT9A

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are you saying your H. Spinifer is over 10" from head to tail? If so i wanna see a pic of this devil ;P ;P

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
No, he's saying his sculpture is 10"...

KingRex, I'd say you're slightly exaggerating (sp?) but iirc emps can get upwards of 8" so you're not that far off...20% maybe? Just depends how true-to-life you want to be, might be good to do one a bit large for a "practice" run and then scale the next one down. But again, depends on your personal goal :)

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
^Thats what I was thinking, but I don't know when I can ever get around to making another. We need to three quality projects a quarter and am pretty busy as is.

I know H.swammerdami can get over 10" but they have anatomical differences then H.spinifer. The basic idea was not to specifically build a H.spinifer, but really a large BLACK scorpion of the Heterometrus genus. Is it possible for such a scorp to exist?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Did I say P. imperator? Brain fart :)

I really don't have the knowledge/experience with Heterometrus' to say if a 10" specimen is possible...maybe with a drop of radiation? ;)