Scorpion Gender

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Through the pectines.
http://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/sex...14/pandinus-spp-and-heterometrus-spp-t332.htm

I forgot how to tell with arizonensis I think 30ish is female and 40ish is male.
not good with the emp males have 14-17 and females 14-16 The most accurate method to determine sex is by looking at the genital opperculum; the operculum of the male is oval and that of the female more heart-shaped.

for desert hairy the males pectines have a noticeably larger gap in the area of the genital operculum in which some of the plural membrane is visible, females have a different angle at which the pectines form, they appear to engulf the sides of the genital operculum

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree with that...but quite a lot of emps dont seem to wanna follow the operculum rule....go figure. But yeah I agree with the hairies. I'll see if i can get some pics up.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with that...but quite a lot of emps dont seem to wanna follow the operculum rule....go figure. But yeah I agree with the hairies. I'll see if i can get some pics up.
yeppers a male with a 15 count and an oval shape is a pain especially when suddenly he has 20 scorplings on his back ;P