cork wood? Less MOLD?

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wondering if cork board molds? I have a bunch of slings that are getting big enough to transfer into larger enclosures, and I have some larger ts with the wood half circles hides you can get at a pet store. I have had trouble with them getting some mold on them and of corse I throw them out.(the wood not the ts) I just noticed that alot of people use the cork board, Less tendency to mold.....or is it just availability?? Thanks so much
~Aaron

T-Harry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use cork in almost all of my enclosures and never had a problem with mold on them.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have the same problem with some of the cork bark I have, all you have to do is make sure you have proper ventilation and plenty of airflow throughout the enclosure, this will usually prevent the cork bark from molding up. It will dry the substrate out faster this way so you might have to mist a little more often. I have found though if you boil the cork bark then let it completely dry out it will be fine for the T enclosure ;)

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use cork and have no mold problem either. I have however begun questioning the number of mold questions coming up on threads. I have had fungus and algae in my enclosures but have never noticed mold. Am I just the exception or are people cross using terms improperly?:?

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use cork and have no mold problem either. I have however begun questioning the number of mold questions coming up on threads. I have had fungus and algae in my enclosures but have never noticed mold. Am I just the exception or are people cross using terms improperly?:?
could be just fungus, I dont know. I do know its not growing fast like mold normally does. and its not all hairy like mold.....so your probably right. Just fungus among us. Still