Avic Eggsac Opened!! Sling Pics A-Plenty! (aka: Pics For Phillip)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello all!

so after a VERY chance hook-up between a new male avic for Jeff (JCohen) and one of my old females, we now have at least 112 bouncing baby avics!

here are some horrible pics...but i've only got one hand free now and no-one here to help me, so...

i'll take more after i get them all separated ;)

Here's the first batch. They're all doing wonderful and i'll get a final count later on... right now i've released about 150 pinheads into the two containers for them to munch on.

I've got a couple more eggsacs in the, um.. oven (i guess?), and i'll be posting on those too. i don't have any fancy thermometers or humidity machines... i just put water in, take a deep breath, and make sure they're nice and warm. i think alot of people stress too much and fiddle too much during the whole breeding process... anyways, enjoy :)

peace
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this one's really bad, but there you go ;)

this is the second container.

later
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks nixy baby!

They're looking really good. I've got a friend coming over to help out a bit (who says 3am house calls are wierd?;) )

will give a final count soon.. i promise!

dave

Pajak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lovely view! They are beautiful. some day I will try to do the same ( I mean my spiders will) Rgrds

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
slings

Man, they look great! Your pix are good! Congratulations!

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Adorable!

So are they hunting well? I could see a few that looked like they were already hunkered down with their first meal. :D

Greensleeves

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks all!

yes, everythings good.. i'm sure a few have been weeded out, but otherwise they're looking really good. I have to get them all cleaned up and packaged before i can raffle a couple of these guys off, you know :)

later
dave

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats Dave!!

At 112+/- you got a good sized batch of them. Good luck with all of them.=D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks!!

its looking like it should break 120 at this point...
we'll see.

i probably won't get anywhere near kelly and terri's 137, but it shouldn't be too small ;)

dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
theres so many, too.. all leggy and fuzzy...

i've noticed they're clumping together in 4 or 5 big groups... and this is something i've seen before with avics kept together at this size.. i mean, they really just popped out of the sac a day ago, so...

can't wait to separate these guys in a week or so :)

peace
dave

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Dave!! Hope everything goes well, keep us posted.

Andy

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dave Babe!
LOL. The twins just got to look at the pictures and Boy are they Bouncing! Doing the happy baby sack hatch dance. LOL They send hugs and "congragumations!"
They look awsom Dave. Kiss the momma for us and tell her good job! :D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
;) nixy -- while i won't kiss the mom for you, i will feed her copious amounts of waxies... well not copious, but she'll get a nice feed.. she's looking a bit out of the luck right now..

she needs to be bred again really soon.

and the twins will be getting some new little slings from
you-know-who just as soon as i can get things settled.

and sean, thanks man! i'll be swinging some your way too.. the rest will be sold/raffled... i'm not sure what jeff's doing with his half.. there's quite a bit :)

peace
dave