Is H Gigas the only known T that will swim for prey items?

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I believe the H. Scepticus will do this also. I have seen mine in the water.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry if this is too off point... I was doing dishes last night and saw a house spider swimming in a pot of water. I drained the pot and it walked away just as calm as anything. Too cool.

In T respects, I clean my H livid's tanks by submersing them in tepid water and then draining them. The livid either comes to the surface or holds its breath. Incredible critters these T's.

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I could see alot of tarantulas taking fish from their water bowl or a small container because of the movement generated by prey.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know LP and A. geniculata WILL eat anything moving, swimming or not.

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know LP and A. geniculata WILL eat anything moving, swimming or not.
They'll eat because of the movement, but it's not like they will (as reported by Rob) attract fish with their legs on water like H. gigas.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
They'll eat because of the movement, but it's not like they will (as reported by Rob) attract fish with their legs on water like H. gigas.
When the TC said "swim for its prey", I thought it was meant that they will chase prey that has jumped into the water. You mean they actually go fishing as well?

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When the TC said "swim for its prey", I thought it was meant that they will chase prey that has jumped into the water. You mean they actually go fishing as well?
Yeah, i mean that its not like a L. parahybana that will jump desperatly at a horse if its moving and she is hungry, i mean that H. gigas will wait by water and catch fishes by creating water movement with its legs. PM robc for details :D .

Mad Drunx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I want to get one and try it. Just because of rob's vid and put little turtles and everything.lol turtles

Mad Drunx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a couple turtle tanks, but I want to combine the two it could be fun do you think the t would attack the turtle?:?

DDaake

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a couple turtle tanks, but I want to combine the two it could be fun do you think the t would attack the turtle?:?
I'd be more afraid of the turtle getting the T. Turtles are heartless.

My male N.chromatus likes to protect his water dish to the point of getting in and submerging itself.