Heterometrus ID ?

RBJ

Arachnopeon
Hey.
I have got me 2 Heterometrus scaber from a petstore.Could someone tell me if that is true from the pictures ?

And one from there new home :)

/Richardt

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am not very knowledgable on this genus, I can tell it is Heterometrus based on the absence of granulation on the chela. Based on the carapace granulation I can rule out H.laoticus, and that's it.
A tip: make a very clear picture of the carapace (head) and wait untill one of the Heterometrus experts respond.
Take in consideration that's it is difficult to ID scorps from picture in general, and especially with Heterometrus spp.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks very Het.Petersii to me. secondary guess - Laoticus. :)

marvs08

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It would help a ot though if the pet store knows where was it from... But with that matte black coloration, i would say laoticus...

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It would help a ot though if the pet store knows where was it from... But with that matte black coloration, i would say laoticus...
Does laoticus have granulations on the carapace? I bet it's not laoticus. Maybe scaber or spinifer, im not sure though. Try checking Kovarik's paper.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think laoticus has a little granulation, on either side of the carapace.

RBJ

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys..
I will bet my money on H. petersii too.I have been looking at Kovarik's describtions on Heterometrus sp. and it fits well with petersii because of the granulate on carapace.
I will try to make a better photo of carapace and head.

/Richardt