Aphonopelma Paloma *PIC*

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all,
Since Im not sure how to post the pic here I put it under the link below. Take into account that is a mature female and the tube she is in is only 2 inches across.

Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Brandon

www.geocities.com/southwest_inverts

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Very cool, but I have to say if I saw that T somewhere, I would think it was a sling. Not a mature female....

Scott

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How can that possible be a mature female? Is this just a silly joke?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are some sp. of T that even as mature adults are dwarfed by that one there. Like the Aphonopelma mojaviensis. That one maxes out (both sexes) at under 5/8 inch (1.6 Cm).

Atrax

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Brandon. I think that's pretty cool! :) How can you tell she's mature though. Did you examine a molt, or is that particular sp. just really tiny in general?

Atrax

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma Paloma

Atrax,
I also caught a mature male who also maxies out at 1 inch just under her. Also her sexual organs a very well developed.

Sincerely,

Brandon

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pic. I'm hopeing to one day get a H. Villosela they also max at about 1 inch in size.:D ;) :)

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brandon,
Thats a sweet T.
Do those burrow under Lg. rocks? I've not seen one in the metro Phx. area. By the way, I'm not asking where you caught it.:) ;)

Ernie

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma Paloma

Ernie,
Ill tell you this much im not one to share info, but I could maby help you get started. Why dont you email me at Versicolorking@aol.com and well get started from there.

Sincerely,

Brandon

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow I am impressed I didnt know there were tarantulas that matured that small. Do they grow as slow as other spiders or are they extremely quick to mature?

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Jacen,
Im not sure what the groth rate is, I would safly assume though it is about normal for most Aphonopelmas. Which isnt to fast. I do have a younge one however so I will keep track when it grows, and let everyone know.

Sincerely,

Brandon