Pre-Molt, Molt, Post-Molt:Water

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pre-Molt, Molt, Post-Molt:Water. Need help

So, when my T was in premolt, she did some sort of web through one glass to the water dish, right after i rehoused her.I saw her DRINKING. Days l8r, 1-2weeks, she webbed herself in the oposite corner of the enclosure. This has been about almost 1month without water, i mist the KK everyday. It keeps humidity up 75%. I've ybeen notice that she kinda looks "cruled". Dehydration? Lets test it. Drops of water in her web. I back up, turn off the lights. What happens? BANG she went right to the biggest drop. Some other small drops, she went to "LICK" EVERY WATER IN HER WEB. She has molted, on day 18 of this month..
What should i do? She kinda should come out, so why didnt she? o_O she is now probably 8cm, if that matters anything.
RIght now she is cleaning her fangs.

Wtf is goin on? -.- Help me plz:(

//Tiago

Last edited:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am confused, what is the problem here? it sounds like your T is just fine...if it webs itself up then it knows what its doing and it knows it has enough water, if it realllly reallllly wants water it will leave its web and get some. personally aside from the misting I would leave it alone and let it do its thing. If your concerned with it not getting enough water on top of that, go ahead and put a small water dish in.

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
the problem is that she was lookin a bit curled sometimes. And right when i let a drop of water in the web she went to the drop of water like 1min after?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it needs water, it will get water, as long as you have a water dish in the cage.

I would keep misting it but aside from that there is pretty much nothing you can do...
if you are reallly concerned about the "curling" you should take it out and put it in an icu.

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
humn... i'll see how it goes these days. But it is a bit wierd. She is simply just "cleaning" her mouth right now. That means she was kinda happy ? ;s

Tkz

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If its an avic, misting the enclosure is probably the best way to provide it with water. Many arboreals prefer to get water off their webs or the walls of the enclosure rather than coming to the ground to a water dish to get it. You can still offer it the dish, but providing it with water on the sides or webbing will help encourage it to drink more often too.

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the problem is that she was lookin a bit curled sometimes. And right when i let a drop of water in the web she went to the drop of water like 1min after?
well if she molted recently then maybe she is just doing all those weird leg things t's do after they molt. But I would keep misting her web and keep providing a water dish just incase.