Albino Kigsnakes

Lick496

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So i just picked up (2) Albino ingsnakes from Craigslist the other day with their tanks for...$20.

My question is, they are seperated right now, and the guy i bought them from claimed they were male and female, alhough i doubt he knows for sure. Is it possible for these to live together, or should i keep them seperated? One is about 3ft, the other about 4

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Considering that a decent portion of a kingsnake's natural diet is other snakes I would not keep them together, no.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
agreed
kingsnakes will eat other snakes and i wouldnt risk the chance of them trying to eat each other

IMO anyway

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Usually when you breed kings you have to keep an eye on them at first. You can't just leave them together for a few days like corn snakes. If you have a male and female of the right age and they're in the mood, they should get down to business pretty quickly :)
Just put them together a few times and see how they react to eachother. Don't be too alarmed if the male king bites the females neck, he's just holding on. Corns do that sometimes too. It can be a little scary at first but it's normal.

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So then if i want to breed them, what would i do
First of all I would get them sexed to make sure you do have a male and female. A reptile vet can do this or if there are some snake breeders/herp clubs that you know of in the area they might be able to help you out.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I currently have 8 california kingsnakes. The second time I tried breeding them my desert striped female tried to kill the desert banded male. The first time I bred them they bred without trying to kill each other. I would not house kingsnakes together.