Video of Parabuthus villosus in Namibia

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I found this very nice video of Parabuthus villosus in Namibia while surfing today.

Very well done. The narrator sounds a lot like Alan Rickman. LOL

Parabuthus villosus Video

Watch it in the HD resolution if you are able. The detail is awsome.

John
];')

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Amazing quality, awesome specie, awesome habitat.
I love scorpions.

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha. Old news. I put the link up to that about four or five months ago! Beat cha to it! These scorps are even cooler in person. I can't wait for my typical morph to have babies. Hopefully someone will want to invest in some....:D

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
which is the typical morph is it the black or the orange leg, or are neither more common than the other?

John

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are black, typical (dark orange legs), and the oranje (yellow legs) morphs. Never been too interested in the black morph as they are like a very hairy transvaalicus. Many people have the black morphs in other countries. The typical morph is not very "typical" if you ask me which is kinda misleading. The oranje morph is not easy to find in the trade. People do not have these scorps in the U.S and I do not understand why they would not want them. Such an amazing color of scorp really. Except they are a little on the skiddish side.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome video, love the way it scuttles along the desert, and the little trails it leaves behind. lol.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I wonder if there is no 'typical' colormorph as from the video it has the solid black coloration but other photos I have seen of P.villosus from Namibia had the orange-brown legs. I bet it may vary from individual specimen to specimen rather than region to region.

John,
from Paris
];')

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, that was cool. So if they are properly measured, can they get up to 18 centimeters? I know that's what he said but if measured the way I understand is the standard way, is that true?