GBB Sling molted! And B. vagans sling, and updates..

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was excited to go in to check on my Ts and find this scene:

My GBB had been looking pretty fat, and there seemed to be a definite dark shine under those pretty stripes, though it was hard to look for it since it didn't seem to have kicked any hairs off it's patch. But I guess I was right when I thought I saw shiny black under those hairs! {D

I love how the blue is beginning to show up on the legs - premolt it had a legspan of about 1 inch, so it will be interesting to try and see how bit it is now.

Also had one of my B. vagans slings molt recently, and colors may not be far off! Within a day or 2 of molting the sling looked black, I'm thinking this is more from the developing color than another molt developing. Exciting since they've been that fleshy 'sling' color for a while. Its probably about 1/2 inch LS now. Its sac mate hasn't even started darkening for a molt yet....the 3rd that was in ICU didn't make it. :( The drama of small slings...interesting how different they can be given the same set up, conditions, feeders, etc.

And my G. pulchra sling is actually LOOKING at food! Still hasn't eaten (been a month since I got it and about 3 weeks since it molted, and its only about 1/3 inch LS), but its an improvement from its normal reaction of running away from any food (alive or dead) and even climbing on the top to get as far away as possible..its sitting making a threat pose at the pantry moth larvae. Maybe she'll actually eat eventually. :D

Still haven't gotten the skinny, female, 4 inch haplo sp. to eat...just webbed up inside a hide. Tried roaches, superworms, crickets...just going to have to keep waiting and trying.

3 more slings incoming too - .5 inch B. emilia, 1.25 inch B. albopilosum, and .33 inch A. moderatum! I'm excited about these new guys, though it means I'll have more slings that I'll be waiting years for them to grow. :rolleyes: At least I have my other faster growing species (H. liv, OBT, L. para, etc) to help fill the time. :D

Anyways, thought I'd share the pretty GBB sling picture and make some status updates.