White goo?

Palaquin

Arachnopeon
Hi guys im new at keeping and i have a quick question.

I have a female brachypelma Aruatum (mexican flame knee) and she seems to leave white deposities in the cage. Upon searching the net and looking in the keepers guide i cant seem to find any reference to this. My freind thinks it might be an egg sack but its gooey and i smudged it with a small stick (before being told it might be an egg sack) and it turned brown. I saw a post on here saying some avic barf up goo but because i havent seen where this comes from i dont know if this applies to my T. Does anyone know what this goo is? I also see her putting her legs in in fangs aswell is this grooming?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sounds like poop to me. It's nothing to worry about. You can clean it up if you find it unsightly, but with drier species like Brachys you could leave it for a while.
And yes they do groom themselves. Kinda looks like they're sucking their toes! It's also perfectly normal. I wouldn't sweat it :) .

Palaquin

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys i thought it might be but i just hadnt seen much about it hehe.

Thanks again people :)

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NP m8 =) and welcome ;) feel free to ask. And read some of the stickies try the search button but dont spend too much time on that search thingy that is simply annoying to me. Just ask.

//Tiago

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is T poop:

So as this:

As long as your tank is dry (hope you know brachy likes it dry!), the white gooey stuff is usually T poop.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi guys im new at keeping and i have a quick question.

I have a female brachypelma Aruatum (mexican flame knee) and she seems to leave white deposities in the cage. Upon searching the net and looking in the keepers guide i cant seem to find any reference to this. My freind thinks it might be an egg sack but its gooey and i smudged it with a small stick (before being told it might be an egg sack) and it turned brown. I saw a post on here saying some avic barf up goo but because i havent seen where this comes from i dont know if this applies to my T. Does anyone know what this goo is? I also see her putting her legs in in fangs aswell is this grooming?
Who flung poo, who who. Who flung poo , poo poo.
anyway its poo