South African T and wasp sting

smartie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a juvenile female baboon T (indigenous to south africa, not sure of the exact species) that i took from a red and black wasp that had stung it (Pepsis sp i think). I do not think the wasp had laid an egg on the T yet, only paralysed it. I am interested to see if the T would be able to recover from the sting or not. It is currently in ICU and i have been giving it water every second day since i found it (on 09/11/08). Any one with similar experiences? I tried the search function but didnt find anything helpful. Any tips on how to keep a paralysed T alive would be appreciated!

Last edited:

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I read somewhere on the boards about a similar situation in which a paralyzed one eventually came out of it but I can't tell you anything more.

--the nature boy

reptscue

Arachnopeon
The T the nature boy is talking about is "Pat's Miracle",an A. chalcodes owned by DFW Tfan on the ATS forums.

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is probably a stupid question, but in South Africa do you put the day first and then the month? :eek:
i think yeas, as we do in Brazil. i just assumed he wrote it in american cause the date was wrong :D