Usambra male eatin

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well the male was eatin, he was about 3.5-4 inches the stud was eatin the other day i woke up in the middle of the night and as i did i heard a crash in one of the tanks like something fell, i look in the usambra tank and boom the big female had the male in her mouth with him kinda kicking it was kinda sad...He started twitching and everything and she slowly ate him...The next day i come in and hes alittle ball of legs and fangs and goo so sad...hopfully he got the job done though and i can get some slings sometime in the coming months.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats great Sean,
He died doing what he was born to do.:)
In the arms, or fangs of a woman...

Ern

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
aww that sucks but why would you leave it in there if you are not watching?

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ernie's stud male is running out lives here too. I've been breeding them every night, but the last couple of nights she has charged him and attacked him. Thats when I pull out the re-enforcements,:rolleyes: I hope he keeps going

Sam,

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the male Sean, but it is to be expected.

Hopefully they did the deed so you will have lots of little ones to replace the lost male.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I ALWAYS keep Usambaras together. Generally speaking, the female will be quite tolerant of the male. In fact, last year, my female let me male live in her burrow, and he helped her enlarge it. Once it was to her satisfaction, she ate him, them made an eggsac shortly thereafter. This summer, she ate the male before enlarging the burrow, so now she has to do it herself ;)
She is so fat, I'm expecting another eggsac any minute.
Also, I don't know if you've tried breeding Usambaras, but let me tell you, it's not easy getting the male OUT of there afterwards!
He tends to want to stay, and will either run all over the place (I can't tell you how many times I chased mine across the office) or stand and fight.

GeorgeC

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
I ALWAYS keep Usambaras together. Generally speaking, the female will be quite tolerant of the male. In fact, last year, my female let me male live in her burrow, and he helped her enlarge it. Once it was to her satisfaction, she ate him, them made an eggsac shortly thereafter. This summer, she ate the male before enlarging the burrow, so now she has to do it herself ;)
Also, I don't know if you've tried breeding Usambaras, but let me tell you, it's not easy getting the male OUT of there afterwards!
He tends to want to stay, and will either run all over the place (I can't tell you how many times I chased mine across the office) or stand and fight.

Haha, so she uses him. All females are the same I tell ya'! ;) *

* This is a joke, if you're a woman, please don't get offended by the above "joke". ;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
George....true!
I was amazed at first, but each time I've bred them it's been the same story....
smart, but gruesome :D

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've left the male in with my female all three breedings. They provide good protein for egg production. John

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin

Thats what this male did i saw atleast 2 diffrent times of successful insurts it looked like, the funny thing is i never seen her show any aggression, he actully made a seperate burrow on the other side of her cage though, and helped extend hers, then all the sudden i guess she had enough of him or something, i really started to like him toward the end, but atleast he got to do his deed before he got eatin.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry bout the loss. ya hopefully he did his duty though