Just to clarify...

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no one ships to a place like chicago at this time of year, correct?

people were asking me what i wanted for christmas....and well you know how it goes.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have an addiction and would rather have T's for christmas than clothes or other presents ill never use or look at.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got some spiders last year in January through the mail (happy birthday to me), though this is not the best time of year for tarantulas in the mail. Especially to Chicago.

Try the all animal expo. Lots of T's there, frequently at good prices. And you can keep them warm yourself on your way home.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I go to the expo almost every time its goin on. In fact i was there yesterday and fed my addiction by getting an s. calceatum sling, but I would rather get something big and something a little more pricey than most of the stuff you would find at the expo, not to mention they dont have the best selection of arboreals. I do like visiting theraphosidbreedingproject's table but I seem to have purchased at least 1 of everything they have that I wanted. I am thinking of buying a female of some sort, was leaning towards pokie, but might find myself getting a psalmo or a. fasciculata depending on if the seller is willing to send in the cold.

bruce from theraphosidbreedingproject said he was gonna have some hirsutums next time around. Ill probably pick up a pair of them cus they are sweeeet lookin.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no one ships to a place like chicago at this time of year, correct?

people were asking me what i wanted for christmas....and well you know how it goes.
Anyone who knows how to pack properly should have no problem shipping to ChiTown in January during a snowstorm.

blackcadillac70

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my neighbor has been working for the po for over 30 yrs.and he said express boxes never get put in the cold.unless you have it sent to your house.
like danny said a good packer like kelly swift i would trust this time a year.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I ship this time of year all the time and don't have problems. Like it was said already, its all in the packing.

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I both sent and recieved a shipment about two weeks ago, and the weather's been in the low twenties to the teens for three weeks now. I didn't have any problems on either end. It really is all in the packing.

Last edited: