How can I help my hobby?

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Million question man here again. I am not a rich person but I do have several hundred dollars each month of disposable income that I just got the idea to use towards building our hobby. Any ideas on what to do? Are there any members in the Cleveland area that may want to work with me on projects to help me learn and grow?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can always buy me more Xenesthis spp. I cant get enough of them and in fact I am a Xenesthis whore so fork over that extra cash! ;)

You can then sleep well coz you just helped the hobby :D

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would love to breed the Metallicas. I wish there wawas someone in the area that could help me with the million questions and advice I need.

guywithaspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can always buy me more Xenesthis spp. I cant get enough of them and in fact I am a Xenesthis whore so fork over that extra cash! ;)

You can then sleep well coz you just helped the hobby :D
Xenesthis sp. Blue FTW!!

JC014

Arachnopeon
How bout breed some rare ts and make them cheaper these can benefit those who dont have much money to buy their desired rare ts, but dont lower the price too much for they might lower their value :DDDDD

845BigRed

Arachnosquire
^ That. Its my plan anyways to get some rare species over the next two years and then end up breeding them for cheap. There are certain breeds that are easy to get hold of and as a result the market is flooded with them however there are tons of rare species that cost serious money for slings, if you can get these species and breed them for cheap you can increase the amount of them that are available and not have a ton of slings your left with that your pushing for the next year or two.

Also take a look at what species are becoming endangered and breed them, there are plenty of species who's native habitat is being destroyed.

Lastly document all kinds of ailments, issues, weird quirks you notice, as someone somewhere will have questions about something they are witnessing that you notice and dealt with yourself. The more "data" you collect the more our hobby learns to deal with.

If you have questions this is the place to field them, there is tons of knowledge on this forum, someone on here has dealt with what your dealing with or done what your planning on doing and can guide you in the right direction.

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are you a member of any tarantula societies? I'm in the UK, so the British tarantula society is the best for me, but would welcome your support as a new member and exchange information. Otherwise the American Tarantula Society will likely welcome your support, unless of course you're a member already.

PhiGamTeacher

Arachnopeon
You could always try to help with education. The majority of people are terrified of spiders just because they don't know anything about them. That's my mission, anyway. Changing one child's mind at a time :)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This thread is five years old. I'm not sure the OP is listening.