Hand feeding/tong feeding my female A. Versicolor

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Decided to hand feed my female A. Versicolor...she's such a polite lady. She is one of my favorite T's, she takes the food right out of the tongs so politely!!

[youtube]tAOn7QP00bA[/youtube]

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nice rob cant wait till mines that big..they are awsome Ts...p.s. you said you make your own backgrounds right?....well how....that would be a cool vid to make for us soon...hint hint :D i have tried but failed...just can get it right

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
why do you hand feed?
I only do this with the less potent SP.....but this girl and my 10" L.P are fun to do this with, butyou have to make sure the T gets the prey and not the tongs, I only do this on occasion.....if she is on the glass and I want to make sure she eats before breeding!!!

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's so cool! I had to tong-feed my new avic yesterday because she hasn't spun a web yet and I didn't want the thing running around on the floor where she might not be able to find it. Your versi is beautiful, I can't wait until mine get that big.

LasidoraGT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha when I had my first t (A.avicularia) I took hand feeding to literal and fed it a cricket with my bare hands, almost got me. I know, not the brightest idea:eek: lol. That was I think the only time it ever ate.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
rob...you say you have made hundreds of backgrounds soooo...how many Ts do you have?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha when I had my first t (A.avicularia) I took hand feeding to literal and fed it a cricket with my bare hands, almost got me. I know, not the brightest idea:eek: lol. That was I think the only time it ever ate.
I have done that to!!! LOL

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's so cool! I had to tong-feed my new avic yesterday because she hasn't spun a web yet and I didn't want the thing running around on the floor where she might not be able to find it. Your versi is beautiful, I can't wait until mine get that big.
She is a tad over 5" and my male is 6 1/2"....rob

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Darn- misread the title. Thought I was gonna see RobC in a thong feeding his T!:eek:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Darn- misread the title. Thought I was gonna see RobC in a thong feeding his T!:eek:
LOL - that's awesome!! If I fed them in a thong, none of them would eat...they'd all be terrified!!! LOL

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
:D amazing =) i loved it =) :D haha i tong feed my pretty avic too =) sometimes she runs when she feels the tongs. What T did u feed with ur hands rob? When was it and how was the sensation?

//Tiago

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
:D amazing =) i loved it =) :D haha i tong feed my pretty avic too =) sometimes she runs when she feels the tongs. What T did u feed with ur hands rob? When was it and how was the sensation?

//Tiago
Well I guess I will admit this, I used to hand feed my P.Regalis, L.Parahybana, Obt.....but I DO NOT reccommend doing this. The way I would do it was hang the prey item over the edge so all the T could see was the butt end of the prey and that is all it would grab. I haven't hand feed the regalis in over 2 months.

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
why do you hand feed?
I've tong fed my versicolors ever since they were slings. Main reason is that arboreals and dubia aren't always an easy combination. They're always pretty gentle when they take the food IME.

Nice versicolor Rob!

Kacey Jennings

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feed all of my larger avics this way, Especially the Minatrix. She rarely ever leaves her BIG tube web.