I Got Bit! (I think!)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
This is so weird! I was cleaning enclosures, and my 2 1/2" c. fasciatum must have had "TMS" or something. She usually sits there until I have to physically lift her up... she's basically too lazy to even flick! Sunday however, she must have had a "hair up her butt" because she reared up with no warning and "nipped" my right index finger. I wasn't quite sure if it was REALLY a bite though, there was an ever-so-slight stinging sensation that lasted for 30 seconds... and that was it.

She's not pre-molt, she's been well fed, maybe she's just "growing up!" I thought I know her well... but she just proved an old adage to me!!!

The weirdest thing of all though, I kind of felt elated.... like, after all these years, IT FINALLY HAPPENED TO ME!! I think it's been 13 yrs now, and never a bite!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It was probably just a dry bite just to warn you I am glad you are ok though

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:rolleyes: It was actually sorta cute from one so small! Glad it wasn't the lividium or longipedum!!=D

Edited: I had put MINAX.... I just WISH!!!!

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Strange thing to be glad of. I'm going on 22 years of no bites and plan on keeping it that way. If I ever do get bitten I hope it's as, um, entertaining as your first.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Me too CM!! At least i didn't let my macualata get the best of me!!:D

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
13 yrs

I guess 13 is sort of a lucky number it took Susan Lucci 13 yrs to win a golden globe=D

Glad to hear you're ok tho.

Later

William

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm thinking , if I get bit, you guys will never know about it..;P

E

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh come now Ernie... we share EVERYTHING here! Heck, I'll even admit that I owned a Hyundai Excel! Don't be shy!!=D