Massive T. Blondi "Zilla" Molt Sequence (Pics & Vids)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Our biggest female T. Blondi molted today. We originally thought she was about 10 3/4" to 11" but her molt measured 10" - which is still a big Blondi! I believe she is 11" or over now - she gained incredible size with this molt! She molted pretty quickly, compared with our other female. She only took about 6 1/2 to 7 hours to complete the entire molt - our other female took 12 hours! She came through it perfectly and seems to be doing very well! I'll get some good post-molt pics of her over the next few days/weeks.

Below is a video of the entire thing - sorry for the quality. Youtube compresses the video and causes some distortion. It's crystal clear on my PC but even downloading some other software didn't help. Hope you guys can view it okay.

[youtube]8dpsoZOXqcc[/youtube]

Molt sequence pics:

Her molt next to a 5"+ B. Smithi molt:

Measurement - molt measures right at 10" (I didn't want to stretch it out and possibly damage this perfect molt):

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yay, finally molted!!!

Very cool Rob!!! Finally got a good measurement, are you happy with it?

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good stuff, glad it turned out okay. You should put a link to this thread on the "AB Records" thread so they can see that pic of the 10" molt. Oh and by the way, I thought I heard you say you were a "little guy" at 6'4" 270 in that video :? :? :? lol

Last edited:

Atreyuhero4

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice video/pictures rob:clap: now i cant wait to see how big she is... maybe i can see her from my house now;P

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good stuff, glad it turned out okay. You should put a link to this thread on the "AB Records" thread so they can see that pic of the 10" molt. Oh and by the way, I thought I heard you say you were a "little guy" at 6'4" 270 in that video :? :? :? lol
Thanks! I posted in the "AB Records" thread just now with a link to this thread...
No, I started to say something about "little" something but lost my train of thought somewhere along the way. LOL I am a pretty big guy... :D

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I posted in the "AB Records" thread just now with a link to this thread...
No, I started to say something about "little" something but lost my train of thought somewhere along the way. LOL I am a pretty big guy... :D
They say dogs are like their owners...never knew it applied to T's as well! {D

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great Video, Awesome T!
Can't wait to see pics of her when she's all hardened up.

SteelSpider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congras

Dude she needs a freakin leash!! Very nice Rob! Enjoyed the video.

james.m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Man!!! :eek: :eek: She sure is impressive!! Glad to hear the molt went through ok. :)