Chilean rose all stretched out?

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Chilean rose is all stretched out on the floor of her subtrate. She is as flat as the coyote when it gets run over by the streamroller in the cartoons. What does this mean?

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They will often do this sometime before or recently after a molt. Dont worry,its just that she feels like stretching out and relaxing. I see mine doing it too. :)

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some of my t's (mostly slings in my experience) will stay flat to the ground when coming out of their homes at night, waiting for some roach thrown from the sky to pass by and BAM!!! But if they are not hungry, they just stay normal, in that bented legs position you know. But if they are hungry, man, they stretch like a cat ran over by a truck {D

Franklin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice!

i love it when terrestrials do the pokie stance, heck even my pokies dont do it terribly often

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice!

i love it when terrestrials do the pokie stance, heck even my pokies dont do it terribly often
What I don't get is; why when they do the full out legs raked forward and back thing, do you sometimes see them with their first joint bent down, almost like they're suspending themselves from their tippytoes like a hammock.

It looks so odd!

I notice that my MMs do that a LOT.

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's already painful enough to stretch out 2 legs in the morning when ya wake up but imagine having 8 to stretch out. *yawwwwnnn*

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did she molt recently? That's the only time I see that posture.

--Joe

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ditto

if she just molted then shes doing exactly what you said

stretching

and i think it may stretch even if it hasnt molted

it is a rosie after all;)