Aggresive G.Rosea?

arachnube

Arachnopeon
My first T, a Rosea, doesn't go into a typical aggressive stance when I go to clean out the webbing after it eats, but does come up on the tools I use, and somewhat quickly. Is this aggression or curiosity on the part of the T?:(

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What do you mean by "come up on the tools"?
Yes, what do you mean? Either way, it's well known that some rosies can be a bit defensive. G. rosea is a species that is known for doing strange things.

--the nature boy

arachnube

Arachnopeon
well, he comes toward the stick I used. Right up to it. It didn't go into any particular posture, or try to attack though.

arachnube

Arachnopeon
reading more threads, I'm learning that your right about them being strange and somewhat unpredictable. Thats probably true for most though.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
this is the most boring thread on the boards. I'm talking to my self.
Patience will help. If you start posting things like this after only twenty minutes (we do have lives outside this forum, well most of us ;) and it's the middle of a weekday in the US ), your threads really will get boring because people won't want to reply at all. Just saying. Take it easy. :)

well, he comes toward the stick I used. Right up to it. It didn't go into any particular posture, or try to attack though.
I'm not sure why you'd even ask if this is aggressive - when an animal is being aggressive/defensive, you can tell. That's the whole point of the behavior. ;) If your T is just strolling over to see what's poking around in its territory, maybe see if it's a cricket, then that's just curiosity.

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Well if it is a "he" it is very likely that powerful movement inside of the cage, may or may not register in his mind, "oh! is it lady time already?!" This has proven to be true with my female Rosea, whenever there is movement inside of her cage that cannot be produced by something as tiny as a cricket or even a dubia she takes the mating stance while moving toward the location of the said movement. I know it is the mating stance due to the fact that over the years I have mated her many times and she has done the same thing every time in regards to the "mating stance." It looks identical to the offensive attack phase so it can be hard to tell.

arachnube

Arachnopeon
Patience will help. If you start posting things like this after only twenty minutes (we do have lives outside this forum, well most of us ;) and it's the middle of a weekday in the US ), your threads really will get boring because people won't want to reply at all. Just saying. Take it easy. :)

your absolutely right Mushroom! :eek:

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first T, a Rosea, doesn't go into a typical aggressive stance when I go to clean out the webbing after it eats, but does come up on the tools I use, and somewhat quickly. Is this aggression or curiosity on the part of the T?:(
What do you mean by "clean out the webbing"?
Do you mean "clean any debris that happens to be in the webbing" or "remove all of the webbing my T has laid down"? Most Ts lay down webbing because they want it there and removing it continually seems to get them pretty agitated. Remember also that roseas can be serious eaters and if you're fiddling around in there right after it has eaten it may just assume it's getting more food.

By the same token my rosea is about the nosiest thing on 8 legs and has to be in the middle of everything I'm doing. She doesn't attack or kick, but as I've said before tank cleaning is pretty much guaranteed to be a big game of tug of war between us. If yours is anything like mine see if there's something it pays more attention to and try to distract it with that thing while you do what you have to do.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
this is the most boring thread on the boards. I'm talking to my self.
maybe because you didnt wait long enough for an answer. Some if do actually have lives and jobs on Fridays ...Not everyone is in a depression.
but rosies are nuts . And there is no such thing as an aggressive tarantula.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with Sterlingspider if the last thing you threw in my cage was a pizza the next time the lid opened and something touched down id be looking for another pizza ;)