Traveling Poison.

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alright no im not buying poison from the black market.. Heres the question: Say i got a S Subspinipes bite a cricket and I feed the cricket to say a reptile. Would the reptile be sick? will anything happen to the reptile?

Ps: I will never in my years do this to any animal im just a curious 15 year old boy.;)

jettubes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
first of all centipedes do not contain poison, they fangs contain venom which is injected into its prey, if the lizard ate the cricket nothing what so ever would happen to it, poison has to be eather absorbed throught the skin or drank, venom on the other hand had to be injected through the blood stream, so you lizard would be 100% fine.

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah my apoliges people i due get the venom, poison and toxic facts mixed. ;)

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I did this with my Tarantula's. One bit a cricket but wouldn't eat it, so I fed it to another T. It was fine.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yep, venom will have no effect unless it is injected into the bloodstream, or has a way to make it into the bloodstream. if you have an open sore in your mouth, or an ulcer in your stomach, then eating/drinking venom could be a problem. like greg said, venom is just a protein- which will be degraded by your stomach acids.