Green Beetle, Giant Arlekin Beetle and 2 Moths

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can someone identify this guys and tell me something about them? Just curious, found them at work. (Not all in one day, that would be too lucky lol). That arlekin is huge! The legs were about 7" across, and the body lenght about 3" or something...

Attachments

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Acrocinus longimanus
Chrysina species (I'd have to look it up)
Rosthschild type? saturnid moth
Regal moth (looks identical to the North American species but is likely a different species down there).

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The saturnid moth or something is simply huge too. The gray marks on the wings reflected the light like a mirror, beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The moth that looks like a Regal surprised me at first, like Orin said, prob diff species:confused: ? I found two Regals in the Fall but they were both males.

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pablo, do collect these guys or just take pics? They are very interesting and beautiful species.

David

Radamanthys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pablo, do collect these guys or just take pics? They are very interesting and beautiful species.

David
No i have just spiders as pets, the CB ones. I don't collect any animals from the wild and i am firmly against that. Although i confess i considered it... But the Harlekin beetle would need a BIG enclosure :D

I like taking and collecting photos of the beautiful insects i find. Just for record

auroborus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the yellow/brown moth looks more like a type of Imperial moth than regal.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dahhh, ..I get the names mixed up too. Here's another one I found from Texas to compare similarities.