Small water dish idea.

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I went to Lowe's and bought some casters that you put under the furniture to protect hardwood floors. I am using them as water dishes. They are shallow, about 1/4" deep and they look nice. They are wide and low so they won't tip over and much better than bottle caps. Give them a try.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good idea! Got a picture of one in the enclosure?

ph0bia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a fantastic idea! I've used all kinds in the past. If I can afford it, one of those exoterra rock-dishes (for the aesthetics), if not Lucozade bottle lids (washed, don't know if you have Lucozade stateside of the pond), coffee jar lids... you name it!

But that's a brilliant idea, they're small, they're brown (so they match the substrate) and they're cheap!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The best cheap-o water dished i've found were in the plumbing dept at Lowes; PVC temporary plumbing stubs. They're shallow, lightweight, available fro 2"-6" and cheap enough so as to be disposable.

ph0bia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With risk of hijacking the topic, I'd like to know some of the weirder things people have used for their spiders, be it for water bowls or whatever.

In fact, sod it, new topic time!

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The best cheap-o water dished i've found were in the plumbing dept at Lowes; PVC temporary plumbing stubs. They're shallow, lightweight, available fro 2"-6" and cheap enough so as to be disposable.
Why not gatorade caps?