wisconsin scorpions?

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so after being on the boards for a while now i really like the idea of going invert hunting. my question is i live in millwaukee wisconsin and don't know if any scorpions are native to my area. i know that right know there will be a big fat 0 found.....i don't think most scorps like the temps in the negatives. lol. if anyone knows i would love the help.

SCORPIONNOOB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im right below you here in Iowa. I dont think we have any scorps this far north as much as I wish there were! :wall:

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that blows. we have snakes spiders. i think we even have one native tarantula. but no scorps.........BS man

SCORPIONNOOB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know it sucks the big one... Might just have to bail out of Iowa and move to Arizona. Plenty to pick from there!! :}

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
either that or start herp hunting instead cuz there are plenty of snakes to chose from around these states.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No scorpions over here.

The closest is southern Illinois.
And even then it was probably just a lone colony that came from shipping.

We got mantids though.:D

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No scorpions over here.

where would someone go mantid hunting? woods? feilds?

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have a species or 2 in Missouri I believe, but I dont recall coming across any myself. A friend of mine said she has small yellow scorps in her lake house, not to sure where its at but possibly near Lake of the Ozarks. Im sure - temps are to harsh for scorps though :(

SCORPIONNOOB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man I catch mantids all over the funeral home in the fall! Snakes all over the place around certain lakes in Iowa. Not fun to catch though... they kinda have an attitude

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Milwaukee, too. :)
WOO WOO go milwaukee. you should hit up swords and dreams in greenfield thats store is great for supplies and stuff. doesn't get to many inverts but tons of herps. its a reptile rescue he takes in unwanted stuff.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
think of it this way, there may not be scorpions in milwaukee, but hot dang do you have a lot of beer :D :D :drool:

John

atrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No scorpions over here.

I take about four trips a year to different rattlesnake dens in Southern Illinois. I have flipped logs and rocks for over a decade and never seen or have heard of any scorps.

I will say you can reliably find them just south of St. Louis. Rocky goat prairies are the ideal habitat there. Happy hunting and good luck.